The Maryland English Language Learning Family Involvement Network was created to share information and resources in support of English language learner (ELL) families living in Maryland. MELLFIN was founded in 2001, when a group of diverse stakeholders gathered to examine the growing need for a collaborative body that could share effective strategies to effectively meet the needs of Maryland's increasingly diverse and fast growing English language learner population.
Our members are committed to:
- Making contacts and networking with parent involvement professionals across the state in the field of education and other areas
- Learning about and sharing resources of common interest
- Discussing and sharing solutions to parent involvement concerns pf mutual interest
- Sharing best practices in achieving successful parent involvement
- Collaborating on projects of mutual interest
Each year MELLFIN hosts a statewide conference. MELLFIN general statewide meetings are convened a minimum of two times annually, however there are several subcommittees which meet frequently, and MELLFIN often sponsors professional development activities and trainings.
For questions about our organization, please contact:
- Jennifer Love, President
- Eunjung Joy Lee, Vice President
- Ilhye Yoon, Secretary
- Monica Lopez, Treasurer---
Watch MELLFIN Over the Years!
Celebrating Our 10th Conference Year
MELLFIN Officers and Planning Committee are deeply grateful for the turnout at the 10th Annual Conference. This would not have been possible without the support of our growing membership network. It is our goal that everyone enjoyed the sessions and were helpful in the daily efforts of supporting ELL families across Maryland. Check the conference video here! Presentation will be posted soon.